In-Depth Radon Testing and Mitigation Services
Did you know that seven of every 10 homes in Iowa are estimated to have dangerous levels of radon? Sir Build-A-Lot is dedicated to helping homeowners protect their loved ones by offering complete radon testing and mitigation services for families in the Des Moines region. Through our work, we have come to realize that many families are not aware of the dangers of high levels of radon gas in their home. We believe all homeowners should be knowledgeable about radon and its risks so that they can take the necessary steps to restore their home back to appropriate levels. When you work with Sir Build-A-Lot, we ensure you are educated on the facts, so that you can make an informed decision on your home’s treatment. When considering the dangers of radon gas, several important factors to know include:
- Radon is a colorless, odorless and tasteless radioactive gas.
- Exposure to radon can be severely hazardous to your health, and has been shown to result in damage to lung tissue.
- Radon is a naturally occurring gas that is constantly released by the soil underneath your home.
- Radon levels can be different in each area of your home; typically radon levels are at their highest in a home’s basement.
Radon Gas Mitigation Des Moines IA
To combat the dangers of radon gas in your home, Sir Build-A-Lot offers in-depth testing and radon gas mitigation in Des Moines, IA. When you enlist our services we send a skilled radon testing and mitigation technician to your property to measure and treat your home’s radon levels. We follow a precise 13-point inspection of your home. The steps of this process include the following:
- Review previous test results.
- Size a radon mitigation fan and duct diameter.
- Assess the amount of caulking and sealing necessary to improve pressure field extension and reduce air noise.
- Inspect for hollow block top leaks.
- Check for wall floor joint leaks.
- Check plumbing penetrations and all floor drains for water traps.
- Check all expansion joints in floors.
- Check for footers or thickened slabs.
- Inspect sump pump for type (submersible or pedestal).
- Determine foundation material.
- Check crawl space for gravel and access.
- Check for recently installed waterproofing.
- Check for untrapped air conditioning condensation lines.
Through these thorough services in radon testing and radon remediation in Des Moines, IA, your family can rest easy knowing that you have a safe place to call home. If you believe your family’s residence may need radon testing and treatment services, call us at 515-240-9015 today.