If you ask your local air purification system provider in Des Moines, IA their top reason for recommending home air purifiers, chances are they will say “for better health.” Air purifiers work wonderfully in residential environments. Used correctly, they can reduce asthma and allergy triggers, banish common indoor air pollutants, remove dangerous gases and more.
The reality is that there is often more air pollution inside homes and buildings than in the outside environment. Poor ventilation is the biggest cause of indoor pollutant issues, because little to no ventilation keeps these airborne particles trapped inside. Here are five health benefits of using a quality air purification system in your home:
- Eliminates common allergens: Home air purification systems can reduce or eliminate the majority of common household allergens, such as dust, pollen and pet dander. When you inhale these allergens, your body goes into protection mode to fend off the intruders. The body’s response is an allergic reaction—either mild, like sneezing and coughing, or more severe, like anaphylaxis.
- Removes asthma triggers: It may come as a surprise to learn that asthma sufferers are at high risk for asthma attacks inside their own homes. This is because homes and buildings collect a lot of asthma triggers, including dirt, dust, dead skin cells, carbon monoxide, tobacco smoke and particles from household products like cleaners, cosmetics, personal sprays, air fresheners and paint. The presence of mold spores or debris from insects can also trigger asthma. Air purifiers can reduce the amount of various airborne particles and clean the air inside your home.
- Traps tobacco smoke: It’s unhealthy to breathe in tobacco smoke, even secondhand smoke. Inhaling smoke from cigarettes and other tobacco products can cause chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, as well as side effects like ear infections, bronchitis, pneumonia and asthma. Your air purifier uses a HEPA filter and activated carbon to attract and remove smoke from the air.
- Reduces radon gas: Certain gases can cause lung cancer. Radon gas is one such gas that’s hazardous to human health. This specific gas is produced from a natural combination of uranium in soil, water and rock. Radon can get inside homes and other structures through any number of openings, including cracks in the walls and floors and gaps around pipes or electrical wires. In conjunction with utilizing an air purification system to reduce radon levels, experts recommend sealing cracks in indoor walls and floors and increasing ventilation in your living spaces.
- Eliminates volatile organic compounds: Your health is at risk when volatile organic compound (VOC) levels are high. These chemicals are in wall paint, coatings for furniture, dry cleaned clothes, aerosol sprays, air fresheners and automotive products. The thing about VOCs is that they’re are known to lead to the development of leukemia and lymphoma, among other conditions. Protect your household by using air purifiers.
Sir Build-A-Lot is a highly recognized radon mitigation and testing service and air purification system provider in Des Moines, IA. Contact us today to improve your indoor air quality tomorrow!