Air purifiers that use a series of internal fans to filter your air to get rid of potentially harmful airborne contaminants like bacteria, dust and pollen are common add-ons to HVAC systems. Once it’s been pushed through the filter system, the air gets circulated back into the room. This process occurs several times per hour, with the goal of keeping your home’s air as clean and healthy as possible.
Here are just a few of the biggest benefits associated with using an air purifier in Des Moines, IA:
- Clean air: This is, of course, the most obvious benefit of investing in an air purifier: it gives you clean air. According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), indoor air can actually be anywhere from two to five times dirtier than outdoor air in the average circumstances, and even worse in severe cases. Good air purifiers help to keep you healthy and prevent issues with respiratory conditions.
- Reduce allergy symptoms: Because air purifiers trap pet dander and other allergens, it can help people with allergy symptoms stay more comfortable in their own home, and mitigate the air quality issues caused by your furry friends. Purifiers are also great for removing pollens and dusts and other substances that cause seasonal allergy symptoms.
- Better smell: By removing contaminants, air purifiers can also remove unpleasant odors. This means pet smells, cooking smells and burnt odors can all get removed from your air, so you won’t have to be embarrassed about the way your home smells when you invite other people over to visit.
- Trap dust: No matter how much cleaning you do in your home, you can always trust that dust will return. Having an air purifier will at least help you to combat it, as it traps a significant amount of dust before it actually settles in your home. This cuts down on the amount of energy you have to expend on dusting and cleaning.
- Healthier lungs: A constant, long-term exposure to substances like dander, pollen, dust, dust mites and other airborne contaminants can lead to you developing or exacerbating some respiratory conditions and other health issues over time. Having an air purifier keeps you and your lungs healthier for years to come.
- Options: There are a wide variety of options available to you when you make the decision to purchase an air purifier for your home. They come in numerous sizes, and have a wide range of features to help you customize the equipment you purchase for your home. They’ll keep the air healthy anywhere you place them.
- Get rid of smoke: If you have smokers in your home or bought a home that was previously inhabited by smokers, an air purifier can help you eliminate the smoke in the air and prevent it from getting into your upholstery and clothing.
For more information about the primary benefits that come with using an air purifier in Des Moines, IA, we encourage you to reach out to the team at Sir Build-a-Lot today.