Air purifiers can be extremely beneficial in any type of commercial or residential setting, and the summertime is the perfect time to install yours, as the pollen counts are high and air quality tends to be lower. Here are just a few of the biggest benefits associated with these machines that could make it an attractive option for you:
- Better for people with asthma: If you have anyone in your home with asthma, allergies or other respiratory conditions, then an air purifier is a really good investment for you to consider. Purifiers are effective at removing most asthma and allergy triggers from the air, including dust, dirt, pollens, household cleaning agents, air freshening sprays, smoke, paint products, cosmetics, hairsprays, perfumes, dead skin cells and much more. You’d be amazed at how many of these particles are just floating around the air in your home, waiting to be inhaled. Purifiers get rid of these particles and help protect people with respiratory conditions.
- Remove cigarette smoke: If anyone in your home smokes, or if you purchased a home that was previously owned by a smoker, a purifier will trap lingering cigarette smoke and tobacco, which can help to prevent lung disease and other conditions related to the usage of and second-hand exposure to tobacco products.
- Remove asbestos particles: Some older homes still have asbestos-containing materials hidden behind the walls and ceilings. In general, you don’t need to worry about asbestos so long as it’s hidden and contained, but there are some circumstances in which it may be disturbed if you are doing home improvement. An air purifier can remove these particles from the air, reducing your chances of contracting asbestos-caused illnesses like mesothelioma.
- Remove fumes and pollutants from outside: If you live in an urban environment, you’re much more likely to be exposed to some harmful air pollution and fumes. Purifiers can be especially beneficial in these locations, so it’s highly recommended to look into one if you live in an industrial center, or just an area with a lot of traffic density.
- Reduce carbon dioxide levels: Air purifiers can also help to reduce carbon dioxide levels in your home. This is important because too much exposure to carbon dioxide can result in headaches, shortness of breath, unconsciousness, nausea, heart problems, blood pressure problems and other significant health issues.
- Remove insects: Sometimes mosquitoes, flies, gnats and other small insects can get into your home, and if so, an air purifier can actually help you to eliminate them. This is important because these small insects are not only a nuisance, but they can pass on some diseases and germs in some cases. This is also a healthier option than using insecticides.
For more information about the various benefits of using an air purifier in your home, we encourage you to contact Sir Build-A-Lot with any questions. We specialize in radon testing in Des Moines, IA, and can also help with a full range of indoor air quality concerns. We look forward to assisting you soon!